Critical Home Repair Program
Habitat’s Critical Home Repair program is an extension of our mission to build strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter. It helps families maintain and stay in their homes, and contributes to neighborhood stabilization and revitalization.
Repairs can be interior or exterior work performed to alleviate critical health, life and safety issues or code violations, including a change to or repair of materials or components; a reconfiguration of pace, a modification for accessibility; installation or extension of plumbing, mechanical or electrical systems on an existing structure.
If you are interested applying, please first contact Jen Hock at 513-482-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org to receive more information about our application process.
- home must be owner-occupied
- meet income guidelines
- homeowner must be a veteran or widow of a veteran
- household must commit to volunteering 8 hours and pay a small percentage of the total cost of the repair
- mobile homes are not eligible
Past repairs have included:
- Accessibility: wheelchair ramps, stair lifts, moving washer/dryer to first floor
- Replacement/repair of boilers, HVAC, electrical and plumbing
- Hot water heater replacement
- Roof repairs/gutters/windows
- Exterior painting, minor exterior and cosmetic updates
- Repairs of code violations to prevent further fines
To help expand the number of families we can serve, donate here!
Veterans and Widows of Veterans
Any honorably or generally discharged veteran (or widow of a veteran) in HFHGC’s nine-county service area* or still serving in the Armed Forces may apply for critical home repairs. Income guidelines are the same as those for the Homeownership program.
How to Apply
To apply for a repair, contact Jen Hock, Repair Corps Administrator, at email@example.com.
Please call us at 513-621-4147 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Boone, Campbell, and Kenton counties in Kentucky; Dearborn and Ohio counties in Indiana, Butler, Clermont, Hamilton, and Warren counties in Ohio