Building on Faith
At Habitat for Humanity of Greater Cincinnati, we help people realize their dream of owning a home; opening new doors and creating opportunities for families and their children.
Our corporate, faith, and community partners are essential to fulfilling our vision of a world where everyone has a decent place to live. We are pleased to partner with Thrivent Financial on the Building on Faith initiative, supporting HFHGC's efforts to build strength, security, and self-reliance for families while also engaging the Thrivent Member Network and other faith partners to put God’s love into action.
This September, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Cincinnati and Thrivent Financial will join to mobilize and engage Thrivent members and faith partners alike to put their faith into action. Whatever your interests or skill level, you can make an immediate impact right where you live, work, and worship.
How you can join
Volunteer on a build site: Organize a group of volunteers from your church for a build day in September or join one of our already scheduled Building on Faith build days. No skills are required!
- To join our Building on Faith team on September 14th in Lower Price Hill click here.
- To join our Building on Faith team on September 21st in Carthage click here.
- To join our Building on Faith team on September 28th in Lincoln Heights click here.
(Must be 16 years or older. Must schedule in advance. Offered Wednesday-Saturday; 8:30 am to 4 pm. Groups are limited to 15 volunteers per build site.)
Volunteer at a special event: September is a full month for us! Join us as a volunteer for one of the following:
- September 8: Festival of Faiths – Volunteer at this celebration and presentation of Cincinnati’s rich religious diversity. Shifts available from 8:30 am to 6 pm; limited capacity available.
- September 14: Made It! – Volunteer at this fun afternoon of shopping, celebrating local artists, and promoting a culture of upcycling. Shifts available from 2:30 pm to 7 pm; limited capacity available.
Youth activities: Set up a youth activity focused on Habitat. Volunteers can:
- Write thank you cards and make lunches for the volunteers on the construction sites.
- Create welcome home banners and other welcome home gifts for our Habitat Homeowners. Examples include: building bird houses or planter boxes, decorating coaster sets or picture frames, etc.