Property Acquisition & Mortgage Closing Coordinator
Reports to: VP of Operations & CFO
Employment Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt, Full-Time
This full-time position is comprised of two half-time positions reporting to two departments: Construction & Finance.
The primary role of the Property Acquisition Coordinator is to facilitate property acquisition to support the building goals of the affiliate.
The primary role of the Mortgage Closing Coordinator is to guide the Habitat Partner Families through the process of closing the mortgage on their home by following all Federal and State Regulations and Habitat for Humanity Mortgage Lending Policies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Collect and provide data that will help to evaluate the viability and/or suitability of each property offered as a donation or pursued as a purchase
· Provide exceptional customer service by being proactive in communication with donors/sellers, title companies, attorneys, loan originators and other parties throughout the acquisition process to ensure:
a. donors are recognized and thanked
b. internal partners are provided information needed about property characteristics prior to acceptance to ensure the best decision is made, and to ensure maintenance requirements are established post closing
c. external partners are engaged as needed
d. titles are cleared prior to closing, contracts are written and signed, and closings arranged with appropriate parties
e. intake and follow up on all property donation or sales calls is performed diligently
f. donors/sellers are educated about the Habitat for Humanity mission and the importance and value of property donations
g. the best deal possible in acquisition is negotiated
· Deliver legal filings to record lot consolidation and splits
· Maintain acquisition/property files after closing. Ensure that all recorded documents are received and documents are scanned and filed according to procedures.
· Manage pipeline of houses from final days of construction through closing.
· Provide exceptional customer service by being proactive in communication with all parties involved.
· Evaluate mortgage loan documentation. Ensure accurate, complete and timely loan data processing. Resolve open issues or inaccuracies.
· Communicate with title companies, loan originators and other parties to ensure all regulatory and grant requirements are satisfied in the closing documents.
· Prepare for the payment of settlement costs.
· Educate partner families in how to shop for homeowners insurance and how to prepare for the closing. Attend the partner family mortgage closing workshop.
· Represents HFHGC at closing meetings.
· Maintain the family files after closing. Ensure that all recorded documents are received and documents are scanned and filed according to procedures.
· Performs any other duties as assigned.
· Provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers
· Learn and keep current on all Federal and State laws and rules that regulate mortgage lending; and all Habitat for Humanity Lending/Closing Policies
· Performs any other duties as assigned.
· Associate degree in relevant studies or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Strong organization skills in prioritizing and managing multiple tasks
· Experienced with Microsoft Office Word and Excel programs.
· Extensive knowledge of real estate documents requirements and mortgage processing preferred.
· Ability to follow instructions of written and oral nature
· Phone skills that include clarity of verbal expression and persuasiveness
· Business clerical math accuracy
· Acts independently and effectively
· Respect for and an openness to diverse populations
· Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
· Able to pass requirements for a loan originator: credit report, background check, and no record of a felony involving fraud or money laundering.
Professional office environment. Standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Filing, traveling to meet with families at the closing and at other times as may become necessary.
Primarily local during the business day.
Please send your resume and salary requirements to HabitatforHumanity.HR@habitatcincinnati.org or mail to Habitat for Humanity of Greater Cincinnati, Attn: HR, 4910 Para Drive, Cincinnati, Ohio, 45237.
Habitat for Humanity-of Greater Cincinnati is an EOE. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.