The Construction Director is responsible for leading and managing the construction programs for Habitat for Humanity of Greater Cincinnati. This includes new construction and rehab of homes consistent with:
1) an annual plan established in collaboration with the CEO and the Board of Directors; and
2) Habitat for Humanity building standards, safety, and volunteer policies practices and policies.
- Lead the day to day activities of the construction department including property acquisition, design, permitting, safety, construction, rehabbing, inspections, energy rating, and subcontractors to build and rehab the targeted amount of homes a year for Habitat homebuyers.
- Establish and operate systems and processes to maximize the efficiency of staff and resources balanced with the role of volunteers and Habitat homebuyers in the Habitat ministry.
- Recruit, retain, and grow construction staff consistent with the strategic plan, budget, and the organization culture.
- Establish an annual plan for new builds and rehabs, in collaboration with the CEO.
- Lead in ensuring that we are a safe construction operation compliant with the HFHGC Safety Policy, the HFHI Safety expectations, and all laws. Role model construction safety and take steps necessary daily to ensure safe work environments for staff and volunteers.
- Create, deploy, and successfully manage project schedules, budgets, and expectations.
- Collaborate with Development to deliver build schedule commitments established with major donors.
- Deliver the annual production schedule on time and on budget with impeccable safety.
- Lead and manage an organization of 10-20 personnel with 4-6 direct reports. Establish annual expectations and hold employees accountable.
- Fully participate as a collaborative member of the CEO’s Leadership Team.
- BA/BS degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10 to 15 years of residential construction experience or other relevant experience.
- At least 5 years of management/leadership experience
- Demonstrated construction project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a portfolio of residential construction projects.
- Proficient with standard Microsoft Office programs and project management software.
- Demonstration of exceptional interpersonal skills in a variety of social and professional settings to ensure good working relationships with colleagues, donors, homebuyers, and volunteers.
- General knowledge of real estate and low-income housing.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to lift 80 pounds and function on scaffolding, ladders, and roofs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
We are an equal opportunity employer
HOW TO APPLY
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.