Construction Site Superintendent - Cincinnati, OH
Job Title: CONSTRUCTION SITE SUPERINTENDENT (Two positions available)
Reports to: Field Operations Manager
Supervises: AmeriCorps Construction Crew Leaders, volunteers
Employment Status: Full-time, Salaried, Exempt
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Cincinnati has a track record of creating and preserving affordable homeownership in the region by building and rehabbing homes and selling them with an affordable mortgage to low-income buyers. Nearly 700 homes have been built or rehabbed in our 35-year history.
As a Habitat for Humanity Construction Site Superintendent, you will be responsible for the successful completion of new home and rehab construction from framing through punch list utilizing volunteers and subcontractors to execute each construction task.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build or rehab according to Habitat for Humanity standards and plans
- Ensure all homes are built with the highest of quality standards, to code, and to pass energy efficiency requirements (Energy Star 3.0 or LEED)
- Comply with construction and safety specifications, standards, and requirements
- Utilize an internal scheduling system to ensure timely completion of homes
- Develop and execute plans for volunteers to accomplish daily/weekly construction goals
- Provide daily updates regarding accomplishments and status
- Provide a great Habitat experience to all volunteers by leading, teaching, and encouraging them in construction activities
- Enable the homebuyer to meet their “sweat equity” requirements for purchase by teaching and encouraging the homebuyer as they participate in construction activities
- Set and maintain high standards of performance by subcontractors and suppliers
- Problem solve to keep projects moving forward when the unexpected happens
- Must be able to travel within 9 county service area 90 -100% (typical rehab project 20 weeks, new build project 12 weeks). Company vehicle provided or mileage reimbursement available.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication, collaboration, planning, and leadership skills
- Mission driven – passionate about helping low-income families achieve the dream of homeownership
- A self-motivated individual with a high energy level as well as a positive attitude
- Able to teach others construction skills and techniques
- Basic computer skills, familiar with MS Office
- Experience using an iPad and/or electronic scheduling system preferred
- OSHA certified 10 hour course preferred
- A valid drivers license is required
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in all phases of the residential construction process
- Experience working for a production home builder is a plus
- Ability to read and understand plans and construction details
- Must be familiar with residential building codes
- Broad residential construction knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or a related field preferred
The schedule of this position will be Tuesday – Saturday 8 AM to 5 PM, plus additional hours as necessary.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Compensation & Benefits: Salary range $40,000 - $60,000 based on experience, plus a comprehensive benefit package including generous PTO, health care, life insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, disability insurance, and a Simple IRA.
Work Environment: Job sites in various conditions. Some time in a professional office environment. Standard office equipment such as computers and photocopiers.
Physical Demands: Traveling to Habitat work sites as assigned. Physical stamina in order to handle the long hours of performing strenuous work during the day in hot or cold weather including outside. Stand/walk for long periods of time, climb ladders and scaffolding, bend/reach/kneel/squat/crawl. Loading and unloading building materials up to 100 lbs.
Please submit your résumé and a cover letter connecting your experience with the priorities of this position.
Send to: email@example.com
Positions open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug-Free Work Place