Development Officer-Corporate & Foundation Relations
Job Title: Development Officer-Corporate & Foundation Relations
Employment Status: Salaried, Exempt
Reports to: Development Director
Other relationships: Vice President for Development & Communications; Development Officer-Individual Giving; Development Officer-Faith Relations; Development & Communications Coordinator; Volunteer Services Manager; Volunteer Coordinator.
The Development Officer-Corporate & Foundation Relations will manage Habitat for Humanity of Greater Cincinnati’s corporate relations program to significantly increase participation from business partners in support of Habitat’s mission. This position will recruit new corporate partners while maintaining existing partnerships, pledges, and relationships with the business community. This position will also manage relationships with foundations whose priorities match our mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned.
1. Develop strategies to build and maintain corporate community partnerships, including the maintenance of all current partnerships and building new relationships with businesses to support Habitat home building and other program services.
2. Develop relationships with business leaders to expand the capacity of the corporate relations and sponsorship programs.
3. Develop and maintain regular communications with business and foundation partners, and work with the Development Department to create and maintain marketing materials and partnership tools.
4. Identify potential foundation partners and recommend relationship strategies, and maintain tracking system for applications and grant requirements.
5. Plan and coordinate annual corporate and business events and build days.
6. Create and maintain a detailed record of community corporate partners as well as prospective business partners.
7. Serve as spokesperson for corporate events and other speaking engagements (shared responsibility among Development and leadership teams).
8. Develop stewardship, recognition, and retention strategies, including documented moves management, to sustain a growing portfolio of active partners.
9. Coordinate scheduling and work closely with Volunteer Services staff to ensure corporate partners are informed about volunteer opportunities and enjoy their on-site experience.
10. Monitor and follow up with corporate partners on their sponsorship and/or fundraising progress.
11. Travel frequently within service area to visit current partners and prospective partners.
12. Organize, plan, MC, and attend house celebrations and other events, in collaboration with Development and leadership team.
13. Meet annual performance goals.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
• BA/BS degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in securing gift commitments in the corporate sector and/or sponsorship experience, or other relevant experience.
• Familiarity with the Tristate region’s business community and organizations.
• Passion and calling to engage the local community in Habitat’s mission. Respect for and openness to learning about diverse families, communities, and religions.
• Ability to successfully manage both short- and long-term responsibilities of the position, implementation of program goals and objectives, moves management, and administrative support for the program.
• Highly capable in relationship building and relationship management. Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills in various social and professional settings to ensure positive relationships with colleagues, corporate donors, Habitat homebuyers, and volunteers.
• Committed to delivering excellent internal and external customer service.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills. Exceptional attention to detail and follow-through.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Professional, articulate speaker comfortable with public speaking engagements.
• Ability to perform as a team player, as well as to work independently with limited supervision.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including some weekends and evenings as required.
• Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, current car insurance, and a good driving record.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and internet research. Raiser’s Edge or comparable CRM experience preferred.
To apply: Please send your resume and salary requirements to HabitatforHumanity.HR@habitatcincinnati.org or mail to Habitat for Humanity of Greater Cincinnati, Attn: HR, 4910 Para Drive, Cincinnati, Ohio, 45237. Habitat for Humanity-of Greater Cincinnati is an EOE. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.