Development Operations Coordinator
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Cincinnati
Development, Marketing & Volunteer Services Department
Job Title: Development Operations Coordinator
Reports to: Vice President for Development & Communications
Employment Status: Full-time, Salaried, Exempt
At Habitat for Humanity of Greater Cincinnati (HFHGC), our vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live. We serve a nine-county region in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana and are a Top 40 U.S. Habitat affiliate. We build and rehab houses for first-time homebuyers, provide critical repairs for low-income homeowners, create community through volunteer service, and advocate for affordable housing. HFHGC operates five ReStore locations that provide revenue for our mission and an outlet for donated household and building materials. We are seeking someone who is an experienced database administrator, an organized and detail-oriented team player, and who has a heart for our mission. The Development Operations Coordinator supports fundraising systems, technologies, and procedures by managing all aspects of the Raiser’s Edge database and online giving tools.
1. Manage current Raiser’s Edge and Raiser’s Edge NXT CRM, serving as staff administrator and RE expert. Responsible for database integrity and maintenance, including constituent management and tracking, importing data, gift entry and pledge management, timely gift acknowledgement, and donor record upkeep with emphasis on accuracy and consistency.
2. Serve as staff liaison between development and finance teams: provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly revenue reports and manage monthly revenue reconciliation with finance, including troubleshooting issues and appropriately updating the donor database. Provide requested documentation during yearly audits.
3. Assist with compilation and production of analytical reports using queries, lists, gift, donor, and action reports. Provide thought partnership on developing and tracking department-wide key performance indicators.
4. Contribute to the creation, documentation, and refinement of development processes and procedures and conduct staff training on database usage.
5. Execute annual calendar of data maintenance including deceased finder, address scrub, and wealth screen, and perform periodic audits to lead data clean-up projects.
6. Support documentation and delivery of sponsor benefits and grant requirements.
7. Produce general mailings (i.e. mailing labels, solicitation letters, acknowledgement letters, email campaigns, invitations, invoices, pledge reminders, etc.) and customize as appropriate.
8. Collaborate in organization-wide efforts to align technology and optimize data-informed decision making; cross-departmental partners could include volunteer services, family services, and construction and procurement, finance, and more.
9. Conduct prospect research ranging from wealth screenings to in-depth summaries for top donors and prospective donors.
10. Serve as a staff lead for the Collaborative Operating Model (COM) direct mail partnership with Habitat for Humanity International. This offers networking and professional development opportunities with Habitat staff and leadership throughout the country.
11. Provide administrative support to the VP of Development and overall DMV team as assigned.
• Support the creation of new management reports/dashboards that help senior staff and the board understand fundraising progress.
• Evaluate e-mail marketing options within the Blackbaud environment for a planned migration.
• Assess and recommend improvements to Raiser’s Edge database, including use of campaigns, funds, and other common tools.
• Coordinate key touchpoints of donor stewardship plan including thank you notes/calls from staff and volunteers, mailings, event invitations, and more.
• Partner with Volunteer Services Coordinator to prepare and track appeals to volunteers, and evaluate reporting capabilities of Community Connect volunteer management software.
WHO YOU ARE:
• Someone who cares about data as a means to deliver on mission.
• A solution-focused team player who can help us continue to grow and improve.
• A stickler for thoroughness, accuracy, and detail.
• A well-organized planner who stays on top of deadlines and helps others meet theirs.
• An independent worker who can also respond to direction and coaching.
WHAT YOU BRING:
• Knowledge at a level normally acquired through completion of an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to a data and administrative position.
• Preference will be given to candidates with hands-on Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge expertise. Experience with similar fundraising database/CRM programs will be considered.
• Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point). Knowledge of Crystal Reports is a plus.
• Experience in non-profit fundraising preferred. Knowledge of finance/accounting is an asset.
• Skill in planning, prioritizing, and managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously. Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Commitment to and respect for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Occasional weekend and evening availability and reliable transportation. Clean background check and drug screen.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Compensation & Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience, includes full benefits package: medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance, PTO, holidays, simple IRA plan.
Work Environment: Office environment with standard equipment such as computers and phones.
Physical Demands: Sedentary. Some travel to events and work sites. Lifting up to 35 pounds.
Please submit your résumé and a cover letter connecting your experience with the priorities of this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled.