Property Acquisition & Mortgage Closing Coordinator
Job Title: Property Acquisition & Mortgage Closing Coordinator
Reports to: CFO
Employment Status: Full-Time, exempt
This position supports two departments: Construction & Finance.
The primary role of the Property Acquisition Coordinator is to facilitate property acquisition to support the building goals of the affiliate.
The primary role of the Mortgage Closing Coordinator is to guide the Habitat Homebuyers through the process of closing the mortgage on their home by following all Federal and State Regulations and Habitat for Humanity Mortgage Lending Policies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage data for houses from final days of construction through closing.
- Collect and provide data that will help to evaluate the viability and/or suitability of each property offered as a donation or pursued as a purchase
- Provide exceptional customer service by being proactive in communication with donors/sellers, title companies, attorneys, loan originators and other parties throughout the acquisition process to ensure:
- donors are recognized and thanked
- internal partners are provided information needed about property characteristics prior to acceptance to ensure the best decision is made, and to ensure maintenance requirements are established post closing
- external partners are engaged as needed
- titles are cleared prior to closing, contracts are written and signed, and closings arranged with appropriate parties
- intake and follow up on all property donation or sales calls is performed diligently
- donors/sellers are educated about the Habitat for Humanity mission and the importance and value of property donations
- the best deal possible in acquisition is negotiated
- Communicate with title companies, loan originators and other parties to ensure all regulatory and grant requirements are satisfied in the closing documents.
- Deliver legal filings to record lot consolidation and splits
- Maintain acquisition/property files after closing. Ensure that all recorded documents are received and documents are scanned and filed according to procedures.
- Evaluate mortgage loan documentation. Ensure accurate, complete and timely loan data processing. Resolve open issues or inaccuracies.
- Prepare for the payment of settlement costs.
- Educate Habitat homebuyers in how to shop for homeowners insurance and how to prepare for the closing. Attend the Habitat homebuyer mortgage closing workshop.
- Represent HFHGC at closing meetings.
- Maintain the family files after closing. Ensure that all recorded documents are received and documents are scanned and filed according to procedures.
- Own the grant tracking and draw processes with all government bodies.
- Learn and keep current on all Federal and State laws and rules that regulate mortgage lending; and successfully complete all Habitat for Humanity trainings on mortgage Lending/Closing Policies and Practices
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in relevant studies or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong organization skills in prioritizing and managing multiple tasks
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Word and Excel programs.
- Ability to follow instructions of written and oral nature.
- Phone skills that include clarity of verbal expression and persuasiveness.
- Business clerical math accuracy.
- Acts independently and effectively.
- Respect for and an openness to diverse populations.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Able to pass requirements for a loan originator including credit report, background check, no record of a felony involving fraud or money laundering.
- Extensive knowledge of real estate documents requirements and mortgage processing preferred.
Professional office environment. Standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopier/scanner, filing cabinets and fax machine.
Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods. Moving about to accomplish tasks including filing. Communicating with others to exchange information. Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Use of personal vehicle, primarily local travel during the business day to meet with homebuyers at the closing and at other times as may become necessary.
Please send your resume and salary requirements to HabitatforHumanity.HR@habitatcincinnati.org or mail to Habitat for Humanity of Greater Cincinnati, Attn: HR, 4910 Para Drive, Cincinnati, Ohio, 45237.
Habitat for Humanity-of Greater Cincinnati is an EOE. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.