Volunteer Services/Project Manager
Position: Volunteer Services/Project Manager
Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Manages Others: Yes
Reports To: Senior Operations Program Manager
The Volunteer Services Manager is responsible for creating, implementing, and evaluating strategies that significantly increase volunteer participation in support of Habitat’s mission and strategic plan. Building rapport and growing relationships with volunteers as well as collaborating with Development, Construction, and ReStore to meet the agency’s volunteer needs is critical to this role. This position will be responsible for the recruitment of new volunteers, while providing stewardship and recognition to all existing volunteers. The Volunteer Services Manager is also responsible for community engagement activities that further organizational strategy, in collaboration with the Leadership Team. The role includes supervising the Volunteer Coordinator, interns, and volunteers. This position will also be assigned special projects commensurate with experience, interest, and business needs.
- Create and implement a strategic plan for volunteer engagement that directly feeds into HFHGC’s overall strategic plan goals.
- Develop stewardship, recognition, retention, and evaluation strategies to sustain a growing portfolio of active volunteers that support Habitat’s need for volunteers in home building, repairs, ReStore, office, and other programs.
- Supervise and oversee the volunteer coordinator and interns.
- Coordinate scheduling and work closely with all appropriate staff members to ensure partners are informed about volunteer opportunities and enjoy their on-site experience. Create a plan to ensure that Construction and Operations staff have training and support that ensures accurate data collection and the best volunteer experience possible.
- Collaborate with other Development staff on strategy for faith and corporate partner volunteer engagement.
- Provide leadership to groups that provide service learning, funding, and volunteer pipeline opportunities, including five local campus chapters and Habitat Young Professionals.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for ongoing volunteer groups such as church coalitions and build teams.
- Develop relationships with relevant community organizations and volunteer coalitions to expand the capacity of the volunteer programs and drive HFHGC’s current and future program strategy.
- Develop and maintain regular communication tools with volunteer partners and work with the Development Department to create and maintain recruitment materials and tools.
- Plan and coordinate volunteer events, recognition ceremonies, fairs, team builds, and specialty build days in collaboration with other Development staff.
- Serve on the core team for Rock the Block events.
- Travel within the nine-county service area to visit volunteers, make presentations, and staff volunteer recruitment events.
- Special projects (outside of the responsibilities described) will be assigned commensurate with experience, interest, and business needs. These projects may constitute 50% time
- BA/BS degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of program or volunteer management experience or other relevant experience preferred.
- Passion and calling to engage volunteers in Habitat’s mission.
- Ability to manage both short-term and long-term responsibilities of the position, including implementation of program goals and objectives, volunteer tracking and cultivation, and administrative support for the program.
- Demonstration of good interpersonal skills in a variety of social and professional settings to ensure good working relationships with volunteers, campus chapters, colleagues, donors and families.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Capable in relationship building and relationship management.
- Comfortable with public speaking and as a presentation speaker.
- Ability to perform as a team player, combined with ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some weekends and evenings as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer
HOW TO APPLY
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.